Friday, July 10, 2009

Coaches Polls etc...For What it's Worth 2009

After reading the latest flash from "DTB" I'm sure that I'm not alone in thinking that the Rebels Girls' team was overlooked. Now I know that Coach Emmans doesn't take into consideration how particular runners did in the spring...but that put aside...I know what my take is on this slight.

Like any good "program" we've definitely reloaded with new spring talent and several new additions to the squad this summer. We certainly have the depth and the potential to upset the way early...too...too... team rankings.

Just call it a gut instinct honed over 30+ years of coaching. And not to be forgotten the boys', tho the boys' official rankings haven't been posted, I know that we have a solid group of senior boys' who'd like nothing better than to break into the top 3 at NWSC and Sections. From the looks of things, both the summer running and conversations I've overheard, ya'll are headed in the right direction...Keep it up!

I look forward to seeing our weekly summer progress and this August when the entire squad comes together....Cheers! Coach Moorhead